Wednesday 2 May 2012

Trip to Jagdalpur

Hi guys, the trip to JAGDALPUR was one of my memorable trip I had. It was sometime during last year I dont remember the exact time, here are some pics from the trip. At that I only had a SAMSUNG L100 cam with me, which was in a poor condition due to over use. So dont mind the picture quality anyways i thought the pictures are worth sharing after all it is a photography blog.

Here it goes, we decided to travel by train which is usually crowded all the time, people climb every where up, down every where. We decided to let the people sit on the berth above us and after sometime this is what happened.
I dont I need to say anything else about what happened, you can read everything from their expressions. The beginning was a bit suffocating but later as we reached higher altitudes into the mountains, the trip was very pleasant. This rail route is one of the scenic routes in India, You can feel the freshness of the mountains right in your face, Have a look.
 We reached our destination Jagdalpur on time, the train usually runs late but we were lucky enough to reach on time. Jagdalpur is a small town in CHHATTISGARH, but its growing rapidly these days. After taking rest I went to nearby fields with the local people, The sunset was pretty cool so I captured it.
Next day our main trip in Jagdalpur began, we were going to KANGER VALLEY NATIONAL PARK its a very nice place with the route passing through jungle full of wild animals, I was unlucky though not having spotted any wild animals. The route to the national park was enjoyable.
The was very cool as I had never been to such places before, The feel of the jungle was just amazing. Makes me feel as if I'm in African Jungle.
Deep inside the jungle was the KUTUMSAR CAVES (sorry wiki was not available) these are underground caves, and The experience was just amazing. The entrance to the cave was through a narrow passage.
My mom n older ones were hesitant to enter the cave but I could not be stopped cause the thrill of exploring an underground cave was calling out loud to me. Deep under the narrow passage the entrance is even narrorer about 1meter hole. But its quite a large place inside.
 It was very dark inside n I used 8seconds exposure to get this image, You travel inside only with the help of guides who guide you with the help of lanterns they have, there are many interesting structures inside but I could not photograph them. After the caves we went to TEERATHGARH FALLS which is one of the famous tourist destination from JAGDALPUR.
The weather was good and the sky was beautiful.
We ventured downwards to reach a pool where we had a good fun time. The flow was less so we were able to play in those waters.
After having a superb trip, we spent one more day in JAGDALPUR before finally returning home and we the return journey back home was not as bright n sunny, cause it was raining, But I loved the rain also
Having travelled all these places I had a wonderful time and an everlasting memory of the TRIP TO JAGDALPUR :)

5 comments:

  1. Great post!! thanks for sharing this wonderful post in this blog. Loved reading this blog. It is an awesome place to visit. Make your trip to these places by booking your bus tickets in Kaleswari Travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a awesome Post, thanks for sharing such a good post.I really got more think after seeing your post. Want to visit this places then book you bus tickets in advance in ">Kaleswari Travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Jagdalpur is a city in the tribal district of Bastar in Chhattisgarh, a state in central India. On the banks of the Indravati River, ornate Bastar Palace was built by the region’s former kings. The nearby Anthropological Museum displays tribal artifacts. West of the city, Chitrakote Falls cascades over broad cliffs. To the southeast, tigers roam through teak and bamboo forests at Kanger Valley National Park.

    Nice post about this place, thanks for sharing your experience in this blog. It really helps people to plan for future trips. If anyone want to travel this place then book your bus tickets advance in Kaleswari Travels and get more offers.

    ReplyDelete