Saturday 5 May 2012

Ghost Photography Trick

Hey guys, welcome again. Yesterday I was just going through old folders of my desktop where I discovered my long lost ghost photographs, LOL they are'nt really ghost photographs actually, just me experimenting with the camera using long exposure or what others might call as slow shutter speed. Its fun, so I though it would be nice sharing some of the pictures.

The picture you see here is of myself, which is almost 2 - 3 years old. What I did here is used a shutter speed of 8seconds along with automatic shutter of 10 seconds, having pressed the shutter I sat before the camera. As the camera started capturing the image I sat there for 4 seconds and the remaining 4 seconds was recorded without me, Hence the result. Note that you have to use lowest possible iso and the smallest apperture. Also make sure that you capture the image in a dark room for good results.

ghost photography
This second picture actually looks like a sword swipe from some action game (like prince of persia :P). This is a 4 second exposure and the light is me rotating a candle. Its a result of me playing with the camera during powercut.

ghost photography

This third image again is similar to the first one, same settings etc. I like this one more.

ghost photography

This final pic was captured in my cousin's home, was just tampering with the camera settings. Shot this in negative mode. May not look like a ghost photograph but it has got some eerie look in it.

ghost photography

What I get to learn from here is just keep on experimenting you never know when you get a good unexpected shot ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment